Effective as of: October 29th, 2015
CarbonTV, LLC (we, us, or our) is the operator of the service known as “CarbonTV” – including www.carbontv.com and its subdomains. As part of its business, we gather personally identifiable information on our websites and through our related application for mobile devices (such application, the “Application”) as well as anonymous data regarding the websites and your activities on such sites. CarbonTV takes its privacy obligations very seriously. Our Privacy Notice is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our sites, the Application, and our products and services (collectively, the “Service”). If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to CarbonTV, LLC d/b/a CarbonTV, and its affiliated group of companies (including CarbonTV, LLC) and the “Site” refers to www.carbontv.com, its subdomains and any other site on which this Privacy Notice appears, including the Application. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any offline data collection or practices of us.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “you” or “User” means both (a) the individual registering as a user of the Service or the existing user of the Service now agreeing to this Agreement, as the case may be, and (b) if applicable, the company or other business or governmental entities specified by you (“your entity”) upon registration or the use of the Service or the use or sharing of any of the content featured or displayed on CarbonTV (“CarbonTV Content”). You and your entity, if any, are jointly and severally liable for your obligations under this Privacy Notice.
Additional Information Regarding the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Service is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13, and is intended for adults 18 years old or older. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information or content on any part of the Service or on or through any of its features, register for any part of the Service, sign up for membership, use any of the interactive or public comment features on any part of the Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us in writing at the address provided below.
By using any part of the Service, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use any part of the Service
The Service is operated from servers located in the United States of America. If you are located outside the United States and are accessing any part of the Service, please be aware that information you provide on the Service is being transferred to and stored in the United States. The Service’s personal information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice may or may not comply with foreign law, so if you do not agree with this, please do not use any part of the Service.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
- Registration Information. You will provide us with certain information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you register to be a member of the Service, register for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts.
- Email Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- Technical Service Information. Similar to other commercial websites, we utilize a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and server logs to collect information about how the Service is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent on the Service, and the websites visited just before and just after visiting or using the Service. We, our advertisers, and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us? Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to the Service, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at email@example.com. From time to time we will allow our Sponsors or marketing partners to offer Service users an opportunity to “opt-in” to receive marketing information directly from that Sponsor or marketing partner. In such cases, on the registration page, an “opt-in” question will appear clearly explaining that by checking the box you agree to share your personally identifiable information with that particular Sponsor or marketing partner. If there is not a Sponsor ”opt-in” question on a registration form, we will not give any of the data collected to any Sponsor or partner.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We may disclose your personal information if required: (a) by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our Service and its users, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Service, us, or third parties.
- Referral Service. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend (e.g., email a friend, refer a friend, send to a friend, email a page, invite a friend, etc.) about the Service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Service. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site and use the Service, but you may be unable to access certain services and content available on the website portion of the Service. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – and we take no responsibility for their actions).
- Sharing Information with Third Parties. If you enter or participate in any sweepstakes or similar contest offered or provided by CarbonTV, we may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. In relation with alliances, partnerships, or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third party. Participation in such sweepstakes or similar contests will typically be subject to additional terms and conditions specific to such contents, and you will have an opportunity to review such terms and conditions at or prior to the time of entry. We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email. In relation with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in relation with business activities. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
- Widgets. Our Site may include Widgets, which are interactive mini-programs that run on any website in which the Widget is embedded, to provide specific services from another company and through which data and/or information is displayed (e.g. displaying the news, opinions, videos, music, etc.) Personal information, such as your email address, may be collected through the Widget. Cookies may also be set by the Widget to enable it to function properly. Information collected by any such Widget is governed by the privacy notice of the company that created it (and we take no responsibility for their actions).
- Notice of New Services and Changes. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to the Service, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending us an email request at email@example.com.
- How Do We Protect Your Information? The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Service. If you have any questions about security of the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping such password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access or make corrections to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com or by accessing your account information via the Service.
- Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to use or access the Service or to obtain service or programs provided via the Service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on your account information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
- What About Other Web Sites Linked to CarbonTV? We are not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to or from any part of the Service nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Service.
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Site to another web site, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other web site, including web sites which have a link on any part of the Service, is subject to that web sites own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act, California Civil Code § 1798.83 (“CalOPPA”), residents of the State of California that have provided any personally identifiable information to us have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, CalOPPA requires us to disclose how we respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users.
- For Persons Outside the United States. By consenting to this Privacy Notice, you confirm that your command and knowledge of English is sufficient to understand the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement. You agree that by using any part of the Service, your personal data will be transferred to our servers located in the United States in relation with the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice. You understand that the laws with respect to the protection of personal data in the United States may be more or less stringent than those in your home jurisdiction.
- Submissions. Suggestions, materials, or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via the Service are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others.
- Acceptance of Privacy Notice. By using any part of the Service, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not submit any personal information to us through any part of the Service.
Material Changes to Policy
We may make material changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. Therefore, you should periodically visit this page to view the current Privacy Notice. In the event of a material change to this Privacy Notice, we shall visibly post a notice via the Service advising of such changes.
c/o CarbonTV, LLC
18000 W. 9 Mile Rd, 10th Floor,
Southfield, MI 48075
© 2015 CarbonTV, LLC – CarbonTV